I just read an interesting article about the Millennial generation. To all those who consider themselves Millennials, let me know if you resonate with this article and sentiment – I’m interested in you input.
A few highlights from this article:
- Millennial buyers have increase 62% in the last 4 years
- There’s a reason why Millennials are/were sheepish about buying – any guesses? One word, The-Great-Recession-of-the-early-2000’s! Guess what? They have jobs now and want to buy some houses! YAY!
- “Sacramento is the 15th-toughest city in the country for first-time buyers to come up with a down payment. Six California cities rank in the top eight nationally, all coastal, led by Los Angeles and San Francisco.” I thought this was an interesting statistic. I’m thinking the wages in Sacramento have not quite caught up?
- Builders are designing homes around Millennials – “experiential environments,” no more dens, bicycle storage areas, and pet-centric.
- With a low inventory of houses on the market, buyers are experiencing multiple offers and are frustrated about getting beat out by cash offers.
The last one I can certainly confirm, however, I’ve had success in negotiating on behalf of my clients, knowing the market, and understanding people. Give me a call and I can lend my expertise.
Read article here and let me know what you think.
Keith Klassen, Real Estate Broker – 916.595.7900
Specializing in Residential Real Estate Sales and Property Management
Median home price highest since 2007 (beginning of recession)
Millennial are buying for the pie pets
Being out bid